2017-2018 TRANSPORTATION FEES
- Busing of students who reside less than 2.4 km from their designated school is subject to an annual fee of $75 per student, up to a maximum per family of $200.
- Busing of students to an alternate address, such as a babysitter or workplace, is subject to an annual fee of $75 per student.
- Yard pick-up/drop off at rural residences, other than for approved medical or safety reasons, is subject to an annual fee of $100 per address.
- Busing of students to a school other than their designated school ('school of choice') is subject to an annual fee of $100 per student, up to a maximum per family of $200. In those instances, parents/guardians are responsible for transporting those students to an assigned bus stop for that school.
- For the 2017-18 school year, fees have been suspended for non-resident students (students who reside outside the division boundaries). However, in those instances, parents/guardians are responsible for transporting those students to an assigned bus stop for that school.
- Busing of students who reside more than 2.4 km from their designated school will be provided at no cost, as required by Bill 1 - An Act to Reduce School Fees.
Is there assistance available with transportation fees?
The Aspen View Public School Board of Trustees recognizes that there may be a need to review transportation fees for some families due to hardship. When payment of transportation fees cannot be made in full, the parent(s) / guardian(s) or independent student may make written application for special consideration to the secretary/treasurer of Aspen View Public Schools at:
3600 48 Avenue
Athabasca, AB T9S 1M8
Any hardship request must be made annually and supported by an Application for Waiver of Fees. A confidential follow up may be required by a designated staff member.
What do transportation fees cover?
Transportation fees apply only to home-to-school student transportation.
What do transportation fees not cover?
Schools may implement additional fees for student transportation to cover field trips, extra-curricular sports, etc. Decisions on the implementation of additional transportation fees are made at the school’s discretion.