Transportation fees for Aspen View Public Schools students have been established by the Board of Trustees for the 2017-18 school year.
- Busing of students who reside less than 2.4 km from their designated school is subject to an annual fee of $75 per student, up to a maximum per family of $200.
- Busing of students to an alternate address, such as a babysitter or workplace, is subject to an annual fee of $75 per student.
- Yard pick-up/drop off at rural residences, other than for approved medical or safety reasons, is subject to an annual fee of $100 per address.
- For the 2017-18 school year, fees have been suspended for ‘school of choice’ (busing students to a school other than their designated school) and non-resident students (students who reside outside the division boundaries). However, in those instances, parents/guardians are responsible for transporting those students to an assigned bus stop for that school.
- Busing of students who reside more than 2.4 km from their designated school will be provided at no cost, as required by Bill 1 - An Act to Reduce School Fees.
What is a designated school?
A designated school is the school a student would normally attend, based on the location of their residence, the attendance boundary of the school, and the grades offered.
How do I know what my child’s transportation fees are?
Transportation fees will be calculated and added to each student’s account by September 8, 2017. Student accounts can be accessed through the Pay Student Fees button in the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Parents will receive an invoice no later than September 15 of each school year, plus regular reminders if payment is outstanding.
When are transportation fees due?
Payment of transportation fees is due by October 31.
How do I pay transportation fees?
Transportation fees can be paid online through the PowerSchool Parent Portal, or at any Aspen View school or division office.
What if I can’t pay my child’s transportation fees?
Parents may request the waiving of fees by completing Form 2.2 – Application for Waiver of Fee(s).
If you have any questions regarding transportation fees, please contact Aspen View Public Schools Division office.