Great Beginnings is an early learning opportunity for children 3-5 years old through a play-based environment
Early Learning Teams provide a supportive and enriching environment that fosters each child’s social-emotional, cognitive, language and physical development.
The underlying philosophy of Great Beginnings is that children learn through play, and our goal is to provide a variety of play experiences, supporting each child’s progress at his or her own pace.
Knowing that all children have strengths, we promote the positive accomplishments each child makes. Children are encouraged to explore, discover and interact. Skills are developed in a non-prescriptive way to ensure that the child’s needs are being met in ways that are developmentally appropriate.
Program oversight is provided by a teacher, led on a daily basis by qualified Early Childhood Development Professionals and supported by speech/language, occupational and behavioural therapists.
• Children between the ages of 3 and 5
• All children attending the program are screened to determine developmental needs such as:
- Speech and Language
- Fine and/or Gross Motor Development
Hours of Instruction
• Schedules vary from school to school, but are typically 2-3 half-days per week.
• Parents have the option of enrolling their child on as many days as they would like.
• We encourage Program Unit Funding (PUF) and Mild Moderate (MM) students to attend daily if possible.
• Fees for the 2017-18 School Year have been set at $12 per registered session.
• Some students may be eligible for Alberta Education funding based on development assessment.
• Payment arrangements can be made with the school office.
How to Register Your Child
• Pick up a registration form from the school office or download here.
• Contact the school principal if you have questions or require assistance.
• Completed forms can be submitted to the school office.