2019-2020 TRANSPORTATION FEES
- Busing of students who reside more than 2.4 km from their designated school is provided at no cost.
- Busing of students who reside less than 2.4 km from their designated school is subject to an annual fee of $75 per student, up to a maximum per family of $200.
- Busing of students to an alternate address, such as a babysitter or workplace, is subject to an annual fee of $75 per student.
- For the 2018-19 school year, fees have been suspended for busing of students to a school other than their designated school ('school of choice'). However, in those instances, parents/guardians are responsible for transporting those students to an assigned bus stop for that school.
- For the 2018-19 school year, fees have been suspended for non-resident students (students who reside outside the division boundaries). However, in those instances, parents/guardians are responsible for transporting those students to an assigned bus stop for that school.
Is there assistance available with transportation fees?
The Aspen View Public School Board of Trustees recognizes that there may be a need to review transportation fees for some families due to hardship. When payment of transportation fees cannot be made in full, the parent(s) / guardian(s) or independent student may make written application for special consideration to the secretary/treasurer of Aspen View Public Schools at:
3600 48 Avenue
Athabasca, AB T9S 1M8
Any hardship request must be made annually and supported by an Application for Waiver of Fees. A confidential follow up may be required by a designated staff member.
What do transportation fees cover?
Transportation fees apply only to home-to-school student transportation.
What do transportation fees not cover?
Schools may implement additional fees for student transportation to cover field trips, extra-curricular sports, etc. Decisions on the implementation of additional transportation fees are made at the school’s discretion.