International Learning

All schools in Aspen View offer students opportunities to travel nationally and internationally. In some circumstances, credit is offered for this experience.

International Student Programs (Inbound)

Aspen View Public Schools supports the learning of international students through two programs:

International Student: student is attending school for the purpose of earning Alberta high school credits

Academic Year Program/Cultural Exchange: student is attending school for the purpose of a cultural exchange, rather than to earn high school credits.

Fees for each program are:

International Student: $7,500 per school year

Academic Year Program/Cultural Exchange: $4,500 per school year

  • Fees will be refunded if Alberta Education requirements for funded students are met on or before September 30 of the school year.
  • Fees will not be refunded after October 1 of the school year.
  • Students will receive a prorated refund if they withdraw prior to September 30 of the school year (for example, if their study permit is denied or they cannot attend for another reason).

Outbound Exchange Programs

Outbound exchange programs provide students with the chance to live and study in another part of the world. They can expose students to new cultures, languages, friends, and education systems.

Alberta Education offers two types of student exchange programs.

Students can also participate in an organized reciprocal student exchange program similar to Alberta Education's exchange programs. They can arrange these exchanges privately through an organization, or on their own through an agreement with friends or family.

A one-to-one reciprocal student exchange involves two students who either:

a) Switch places and study at one another's schools; or

b) Study together in an Alberta school district and then in the exchange school for equal periods of time

Students who are participating in an exchange that is not an Alberta Education exchange program must complete a Reciprocal Student Exchange Approval Form before they leave for their exchange. The form is only needed if the exchange is one year long.

More information on programs and required forms can be found on Alberta Education's Student Exchanges webpage

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.